ETEC

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Session 4

I think that I would place myself mainly in the early adopter tier. I have a great social connection with my co-workers at work. Since our report card system and grading system is online at times other teacher forget how to log on or how to use the system and they come to me for the steps to use the certain technology. I would also put a piece of me into the innovator tier because I have some of those traits. Last year I used technology a lot more in the classroom with the older students, and I was not afraid to try new things in the classroom with them. I love using my cell phone and mp3 player in my daily life. I can play around with a new program that I have not mastered to learn how to use it. Not every person will fall into just one tier. They will have different traits from different ones and that is what makes each of use unique.


Activity Log:

This week I started creating the Alphafriends video for my project 1. I learned how to cut audio clips into smaller pieces this week.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Rosa said…

    Hi Cassandra,

    I agree with your assessment that a person will fall in different categories at different times. I believe our roles in utilizing and diffusing technology are situational and will play out according to the environment.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger James said…

    Hi Cassandra,

    That is interesting how you find characteristics of yourself in two different categories. I believe that many of us feel that way. Some people can classify themselves one way at work and another way at home. I guess it depends on the environment like Rosa stated.

    James

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Brian Newberry said…

    I also agree that people fall into different categories in different aspects of thier technology use. I have noticed it myself.

    What causes this?

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger RFLORES said…

    Hello Cassandra,

    It is good that you normally gravitate in the Early Adapters/ Innovator category. Indeed, it is normal to ascend and /or descend among the five categories. While ascending is good for one individual because doing so means one is attaining a degree of mastery, it s also good to descend to lesser categories.

    those individuals who descend are in in a position to help others who are struggling with technology; for they are in a position of support for others. this is in essence what teaching is all about in the first place. Your comments clearly demonstrated this fact, when you help other teachers in your school.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger De Nguyen Blog said…

    Hi Cassandra,

    I can clearly see that you are the “early majority”. As you indicated, you tried most of the products when they come out. You also would spend time to work on new programs and such. I truly admire you as an innovator. I think that I should follow your steps. Keep on good work.

    De Nguyen

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger dflores1972 said…

    Hi Cassandra,
    I think that it is cool that you see your self as an adopter. I agree that people tend to see themselves in different categories because we change our roles in what setting wer are in.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Anita K. said…

    Like all of the other respondees, I agree that we fall into different areas of technology use. Brian asked a good question..."What causes this?" I believe this is true because of our understanding of the situation as well as, our willingness to learn something new. We are most afraid to try something new if we don't understand what it is all about and how it functions.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading similar thoughts that I had in terms of being an innovator at heart, at sometimes an innovator kind of makes you think, does it make $$$$ to in that category? Or possibly in an education setting, it takes the resource allotion of those with $$ to support that innovative ambition . . . ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home