ETEC

Saturday, January 20, 2007

ETEC 623: Project Proposals Draft

Project 1
Title: Dinosaur WebQuest
Project Focus: The project focus will be the use of technology in the classroom. It will integrate technology into the science curriculum.
Description: I have created a dinosaur WebQuest for 2nd grade students to use in the classroom to give them hands-on experience through a science lesson. They will complete various tasks that are related to the dinosaurs. The students will be able to work in multiple settings: individual, pairs, and small groups through out the WebQuest.
Timeline: Project will be completed by Session 7.

Project 2
Title: Kindergarten Math
Project Focus: I will be creating 3 podcasts for Kindergarten math that can be used during center time. I think my focus will be on the chapter about Time.
Description:
The first podcast will be about First, Next, Last. I will go over the vocabulary words and give some examples. They will have some picture vocabulary cards at their center to look at. They will complete a practice book page at the center as I read the directions.
The second podcast will be about First through Fifth. I will again go over the vocabulary words and have them look at the picture vocabulary cards. Then at their center they will have a worksheet they will need to complete as I give them the instructions.
The third podcast will be on the Analog clock. I will go over the time words vocabulary and look at the picture cards. Then they will use the analog clock at the center to play a short time game by following my instructions. They then will complete the practice book worksheet as I read the directions.

Timeline: Project will be completed by session 8.

Project 3
Title: School Acceptable Use Policy
Project Focus: I want to draft a school acceptable use policy for staff and students.
Description: I will create a draft of an acceptable use policy for technology for our school site.
Timeline: Project will be completed by session 9.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cassandra,
    Your project proposals look interesting. Will you have visuals in your podcasts? I am still getting a grasp of what a podcast can do...
    It will be interesting to see your finished products.

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger dengman said…

    I am curious about the teaching of the clock: at the kinder level do they still teach both clocks? or have we phased out the "big hand small hand"? :-)
    Good luck on the acceptable use policy those are tricky to write, not that I have written one before. I have read a few though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home