ETEC

Friday, January 12, 2007

Etc 623:Session 1

Response to Topic:

Technology Use - I use technology in my every day life. When I think back to when I was a child and had to write everything on a piece of paper instead of a screen I wonder how I ever got through. The convenience of technology has made my life a bit easier. Since I teach Kindergarten I am currently finding new ways to use technology in the classroom. Last year when I taught 4th grade I was better able to intergrate technology in the classroom.

Communicating to Others - I use various ways of technology to communicate with others. I most commonly use emails, instant messaging, blogs, and websites to receive and send information. Since I am a teacher in the classroom I am able to use technology such as, streaming media, power points and LCD projectors to deliver lesson to my students.

Supporting Technology - Since I am one of the younger teachers at our site, many of the other teachers come to me when they have technology questions when the tech support person can not be found. I am able then to give them simple step by step directions to get them through their project.

Learning Contract-

I will be completing all three projects for this course because I want an A in the class. I do not know what I will be creating yet but I do know I will be looking at all 3 projects from a teacher's point of view.

Session 1 Activity Log:

This week I have updated my blog and I have also thought about what types of projects I would like to complete.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger dengman said…

    OK I am going to change my blog settings to not have to worry about being hit up for making more money. Man the humanity of people preying on us poor teachers :-)

    Have you ever heard of Twist, Pixie, Image Blender from Tech 4 Learning? They have a few programs that you may enojoy as a kinder teacher.

    Lookig forward to this quarte,
    Dale :-)

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to meet a new person. Look forward to working with you in the class. Looks as if you have had this blog for some time and maybe for another class. Is it your school district that is potentially going to strike? I have heard a lot about that and hope that it all works out for the teachers.
    Davena

     

Post a Comment

<< Home